Monday, June 9, 2014

It's Not Manna, but I Didn't Plant It

Every year, I do at least one experiment pertaining to the garden.  Actually, it's usually several.  Much of my life is "experimental."  The only thing certain in my life is YHWH in Y'hshuwah!  When He showed me a design for an organic chicken yard/garden, I had no idea where He was taking it, and to be honest, I'm thankful for that.  Much of this homesteading business has become more than I could have asked or imagined.  I truly believe, I would have been completely overwhelmed if He'd shown me more at the time.

When Abba told me, it was time to have a small wheat field, I didn't know what to do.  We are all aware that most of the wheat and corn is GMO and I believe that is the reason for so many gluten issues and digestive disturbances in general.  Once I acknowledged my willingness, He took me to the chicken yard/garden and directed me to do the math!  I then figured the amount of wheat that could be grown in that space.  He reminded me that I do have a wheat mill, and a coffee mill . . .  So, for the year of Shemitah, the chicken yard/garden will produce soil enriching clover, and the next year, one side is to be sown in wheat.  Until Messiah's return or my work is finished, this place is to always be moving away from earthly dependence.

Something utterly amazing has happened this year.  Since the vegetable garden is now in last year's kid pen, I've been working diligently, believing for the double harvest.  So far, the salads have been wonderful and the tomatoes look nice, but there's been a very unusual and unexpected blessing.


The amazing blessing is sugar snap peas.  I didn't plant any this year.  I love them, but for the year before Shemitah, I was trying to be very practical and sugar snap peas just don't produce abundantly for the space they take.

As I was planting in the spring, I noticed some leaves that looked like peas, so I left them, but I knew I hadn't planted them.  Abba blessed me with half a row of sugar snap peas and they've been such a treat!

If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:  Isaiah 1:19

No comments:

Post a Comment