Sunday, November 3, 2013

Assistance With an Answer

Three times this week, the fact of hunger without means has crossed my path.  I'm doing what I can at the moment the situation presents iself, but it's not just a momentary problem.  What was the exception 15 years ago regarding poverty and hunger, is now becoming pretty common place.  When I read and hear of job loss, it's not a recent situation.  Some of these losses go back two and three years without hope of finding another one.

I remember being so stunned and truly grieved when our President proclaimed that we were moving away from being an agrarian society.  I mean we obviously have been moving this direction long before he said it, but the reality of the fuller meaning, hit.  Agrarian societies have a solid economic base.  Everybody needs food!  Industrial societies have come and gone with invention and progress and service societies could become societies of indentured servants, which appears to be the present direction of our society.  I'm really glad he verbalized this, in that the move was so subtle, it could have slipped on away.

Both of my Grandmas had grown up on farms, and they had nothing good to say about living in the country.  They headed for town as soon as they could and didn't look back.  One of my Grandmas did maintain her skills, however; and she put up a few canned goods, always raised tomatoes and peppers.  I grew up in the country and as a kid, I remember thinking she just knew how to do everything.  I watched a lot, but there were a few things I didn't learn . . .

Back to the issue at hand.  If we do not get back to some small time personal agriculture very soon, people are going to be hungry, seriously hungry.  And hungry people become desperate.  I want to extend the invitation and offer, once again to establish and build our "Seeds of Friendship" Plan.  One seed can produce food and many more seeds.  That is the 100 fold increase Y'hshuwah was talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment