Sunday, November 17, 2013

Keeping it Growing

Terrie is enjoying her kale harvest from the seeds she planted just two months ago, and I'm so thankful for the updates she shares.  YHWH has truly blessed her with a talent.  This week I discovered something with the kale I planted last spring in the outdoor garden.  It has been growing so long, the stalk is actually thicker than the roots were able to hold up, when I tried to harvest more leaves.

When I inadvertently pulled up two plants, I transplanted the entire plant, into a bucket for the green house.  I had no idea if this experiment would work, but here are the two plants.

By the way, kale will continue to produce, as you harvest!  As you'll see in the photograph, the stalks are quite substantial with several obvious stem cuttings from previous harvests.  The small lacy edged leaves in the center top of the plant are new sprouts since the transplanting.




No comments:

Post a Comment