Sunday, May 11, 2014

Hummmmmm . . .

In reading the article about subway going halal in some areas, the responses have been mixed of course, according to political leaning.  As I continued to read, two things crossed my mind.  One, it makes good business sense to serve food preferences of the local demographics.  I mean, there's probably not many local restaurants in New England that feature grits on the breakfast menu, but this is about more than just business and demographics.  This is about religion and false religion and bold stands or intimidation.

In regard to the topic of bold stands, the issue that crossed my mind; was one of shame.  Why haven't the Bible believers been vocal enough to inspire this sort of change?  I mean basically now, we have unhappy customers who will boycott these restaurants that are now serving, kosher.  I don't want to eat anything that has been prayed over to a false god, but I am sad that those of us who serve the G-d of Israel are not as effective in our stand.

These circumstances are definitely prohibitive for me to consider going to Subway.  It would be wonderful, though; to be able to dine out, knowing there was no pork next to my order.  I would love to patronize a restaurant that was bold enough to actually serve a Biblical menu.  

With so many companies catering to Islam and so much of our food GMO tainted, growing our may soon be the only option.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/subway-replaces-pork-halal-meat-some-uk-and-ireland-locations

No comments:

Post a Comment