Sunday, May 18, 2014

Organic Solutions

In looking for organic pesticide, I wanted to share a few tired and true solutions I use.  Some folks plant marigolds around the garden to keep the bunnies from nibbling.  I've heard it works, but I haven't tried it.

My battle with a bunny began when I realized a pepper plant had been munched.  From the looks of it, I immediately recognized the work of a bunny.  I like to use human hair around the fence or even the plants themselves to keep the little nibblers away.  Every time I brush my hair, I clean the brush and place the hair in a baggie.  I really like using hair, because even in the rain, it doesn't lose whatever the rabbit finds offensive.  And we all know wet hair pretty much stays right where it is, so washing away isn't an issue, either.

There are also hot pepper sprays that work very well to keep rabbits and squirrels out of the garden, but that has to be applied directly to the plants and reapplied after rains.



I am unashamedly going to promote one of my products.  Liquified, diluted soap is a great deterrent for furry pests, as well as keeping insects and even some fungus at bay.  My soap is completely biodegradable so it doesn't harm the plant or cause any soil issues.

Keep those plants healthy this year, with organic solutions!


No comments:

Post a Comment